First Time Here?
Iyengar yoga has innumerable benefits for anyone with an open mind and willing attitude. As students we must learn to focus on the teacher’s instructions and to adjust our approach to learn new things. We encourage you to take the first step. Our commitment to you is that we will teach you with attentiveness and compassion.
When you come to class…
- it is best to not eat a heavy meal within two hours of class. If you are hungry, a light snack one hour before class is ok.
- no pre-registration is necessary; plan to arrive a few minutes before class to sign-in with your teacher.
- wear comfortable clothing, such as shorts and a top, t-shirt or tank top. Your teacher needs to be able to see your knees, so shorts are preferable to long pants.
- please see that your feet are clean before entering the yoga studio.
- please do not wear heavy perfumes, lotions or essential oils.
- please turn off cellular phones and pagers.
- if you are injured, have a health condition or are menstruating please let your teacher know before class begins.
- if you are pregnant, please inform your teacher before the start of class.
- You may use your own mat and props, however, yoga props and mats are provied by the center at no charge. At the end of class, please fold your mat and blankets mindfully and put your props away neatly.
- please feel free to speak with your teacher about any concerns you may have.